Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

Single Debbie Harry Gets Personal! - Is Seeking A Nice Man Or Woman With A GSOH and Whom "Loves To Have Sex"

Debbie Harry, 2014 Blondie's surprisingly single Deborah Harry talked about her relationships, sexy starlets and Blondie's new music.

It's no secret that Deborah Harry has had relationships with both men and women. However, during a German interview - published on The Daily Mail's website - the often-blonde songstress was asked whether she is bisexual or not. "Yeah,"  she answered, "Let’s say women are more sensual."

After declaring that her most enduring relationships have been with men - including a long-term one with Blondie's Chris Stein - Deborah revealed that she's on the look out for another partner: "I don’t know if I have any specific requirements, just somebody nice, who has a good sense of humour and loves to have sex. What more could you ask for?’

Deborah Harry in 1979
The long-lasting pin-up talked about her sexy image in the seventies and how that compares to today's raunchy pop princesses such as Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and the twerking Miley Cyrus: "I was criticised for being too overtly sexual, which was very innocent compared to what is going on now. I think they’re entitled to do what they feel or what they think is going to work for them. And I think they look good. It seems part of the standard for today really.’

The personal interview saw the 68-year-old comment on not having had children: "It just didn’t work out that way. I didn’t think I’d be particularly good at it. It all seemed very frightening to me."

21st century girl Deborah harryBlondie have new material coming out (seemingly in May) this year in the form of a two-disc collection consisting of their new studio album 'Ghosts Of Download' and an album of re-recorded hits. The band's front-woman said, "I’m so happy to have new music and to be involved in this crazy world for so many years. I never expected it to happen. Ups and downs . . . I’ve had a very interesting experience. I hope at some point I can communicate all of this - that I can write some kind of book or story that tells how it really felt to me. It might impress people to know I probably have made a million mistakes. But if you don’t make mistakes, what else have you got?"

Deborah Harry in 2014

Blondie bulletin: Debbie Harry graces the cover of the latest issue of 1814 Magazine, which spotlights Chris Stein's photography.

2 comments:

  1. is there an application form?
    For all; you non-English, this is an example of a dry sense of humour. But send me one anyway! #englishpoet

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you English,and your wet sense of humour...

    ReplyDelete